Saturday, November 06, 2010

Perhaps 60 Days of Truth...Day 2

Well, this might turn out of be a 60 day adventure if I keep up this way....perhaps I need to work on follow through too!

I digress...Day 2...something I love about myself.

Like "hate", love seems like an almost over the top, self indulgent word. But, like hate, I didn't make these "rules" up, I'm just trying to work within them.

I'd have to say the thing I love about myself is my intuition and learning to listen to it...really, it never fails me, if I listen to it.

The whole "intuition" thing is hard to explain and /or describe. It's that gut feeling and "still small voice of God" all rolled into one. Its "knowing" without knowing, or before all the dominoes fall. Sometimes it feels like a curse and sometimes a blessing.

When my husband was critically ill, I found myself sitting straight up in bed, in a hotel across from the hospital...about 30 seconds of sitting up my phone rang telling me I needed to get to the hospital. Later that day he died....was it my connection to my husband, that "still small voice of God"...it's all that and more, it's intuition. It can wake a person out of a deep sleep or gently happen...the key is to listen, really, it is never wrong.

Before that my grandmother became ill, Mom had called me from the ER late at night telling me they had taken Grandma (Mom's mother) to the hospital. I stayed until early in the morning, after they decided to admit her. Got up a few hours later and went to work...I was exhausted, a couple of hours before quiting time I told my boss I had to go home, I was exhausted - explained why and left with his blessing. On my way home I came to an intersection where if I turned right I'd end up at the hospital...home was straight ahead. Well, almost involuntarily, I found myself turning right. Long story short - I was able to call my mother who had gone home and my uncle in Texas telling him to get back to Indiana. Mom got to the hospital w/my sister in time...but, a few hours after my arrival, my grandmother had died.

Not to think this intuition thing is all bad - it's not. Good things happen too! If I find myself thinking about a friend more than "normal" I pick up the phone and call them just to say "hi" and check in and see what's going on in their life...and usually something is, and often it's great news!

So, gift or curse, I've struggled with that. In the end, I've decided intuition is a gift, and I do pay attention to it.

No comments: